Many underestimate the “home workouts” to strengthen specific muscles and muscle groups that are necessary for running, because even small imbalances in muscle strength can lead to various injuries, and the fact is that, in addition to inappropriate footwear, and the most common cause of injuries in running.
It takes only a couple of times a week to do exercises which I will sort out below, and for them no more than 30-45 minutes … and it also does not require any reconciliation, so are ideal for home exercise.
Muscles that particularly needs to be strengthen with these exercises are abs, glutes and very importantly, the muscles that are located on the side abs or “belly” muscles, they do not know the exact name, the muscles of the lower back and hip muscles.
Even elite runners and sprinters, and those who run longer distances are using these exercises as an essential part of their training.
And I have previously made the mistake of neglecting them, but only when you start to do them you realize their importance, especially in the prevention of injuries.
It is quite clear that most of these muscles are involved ie “work” and when run, but the tone and contraction of a different way. Running improves endurance only of those specific muscles and as the group’s work harmoniously, then if a muscle is weakened, what happens over time if you train harder one period and not strengthen these muscles in particular, what happens is that there is less or greater tension tendons cartilage due to imbalance in muscle strength, which later caused injuries.
It is therefore essential that the muscles of the trunk, hips, and lower back are reinforced, other than the leg muscles, have a very important role in the running. It is important that they are supported as a whole!
In the picture below you can see that the muscles are activated under certain kind of running:
… Of course, it is not just about injury prevention, it is necessary to achieve certain strength of the muscles that are active during running, therefore your willingness to go to the higher levels, which can affect only the best results …
Do 3 series of each exercise (adjust the number of reps to your current condition).
Now, what the most important exercises:
1. Alternating leg lifts and arm (the opposite arm of the legs). Without descending to the floor (and arms and legs). Another option is to delay.
2. Raise your hips to the retention (“bridge”).
3. Casting foot from side to side without removing the back of the floor ..
4. Lying on the elbows and fingers to lift the leg up.
5. Lateral retention hips in the air, leaning on one elbow of one arm. The other is held by the hook, which is in the air.
These are exercises that I found pictures and exercises that I would still recommend are:
– Similarly to fifth exercise, but one leg lifting and doing reps. So hold on only to the elbow and foot of one leg, the other hand is on the hip that is in the air and lifting the other leg in the air. Very important for strengthening the external muscles for which there are not many ways to strengthen them.
– Then various types of sit-ups. With his elbows on his head, and then alternating left – right touching legs, which are constantly in the air. It’s harder than usual, but as you hang in there, it is more efficient.
– “Bicycle” (legs in the air up and down, without lowering the floor) with extended knees, and with head and upper part of the body in the air. Also difficult exercise for abs and thigh.
I hope that you will try exercises above to prevent any injuries during running or similar exercises.